Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Roll Out the Red Carpet

I'm not really one for awards shows, but I do love a great Red Carpet!  This weekend's Emmy Awards didn't disappoint!  Here are some of my favorite preppy looks, and a few misses too!

 

If there was ever a question of whether purple was the "It" color for the season, Carrie Underwood and Alyson Hannigan answered it for us!  I am so not a purple girl, but I may need to give it a try this fall!

 

I love lace!  Christina Hendricks looked gorgeous in a black lace peplum dress.  Unfortunately, not everyone can wear lace...Lena Headey missed the memo that you need to wear more than just undergarments with lace!

 

 

I also wasn't a fan of Julianne Hough's dress.  I love some sheer lace, but this is just too much for me!

  
Kaley Cuoco is one that knows how to wear sheer fabric!  This look is modern yet modest!

 
Like many Southern girls, I am a huge fan of COLOR!  Jessica Pare scored with this turquoise gem!  The bow on the front and a train are right up my ally!

  
Speaking of bows, how adorable are Julie Bowen's shoulder bows?  The mermaid silhouette is classic, and I'm a sucker for ruffles too!

 
Zooey Deschanel was stunning in grey.  I love that neckline and the bow!  Where can I get one?

I just have one more comment...Melissa Leo and Zosia Mamet, did you even look in the mirror before you left the house?  And you still wore it?  Major fail!


  
All photos courtesy of NY Daily News!



No comments:

Post a Comment